Welcome to my blog !

Damn you mosquitoes!!

By 4/14/2009

My apartment is suddenly infested with lots of flying insects - especially those bloodsucking mosquitoes. Damn you mozzies!!!

I came home last night and while eating dinner, I was bitten a total of 9 times in my dining room. In the short span of 15 minutes.

Out came my insecticide, incense burning and even dad started burning mosquito coils. That stopped the mozzies from attacking me for a short while. Nonetheless, there were a few flying things around my computer (I think they were attracted by the light from my monitors plus table lamp). I killed about 2 and was trying very hard to squish a few more of those flying annoyances.

Gor mentioned "True Blood" and that made me give up trying to make new jewellery pieces in semi-darkness. I immediately started watching "True Blood" and couldn't sleep till 5.30am. Guess what? I woke up to scratching my arms and legs and feet. Couldn't take it any more at 7am and got out of bed, doused all 20 mozzie bites (yes, I counted) with tea tree oil and switched on my room's air-con before going back to sleep.

Was most irritated when my mum opened my door at 1pm shouting, "It's 1pm already and you don't want to wake up and eat?! Wake up!" UGHS. Heck. Ignored her and drifted half way to lala land till 2pm. Guess what happened after waking up? Yup...got bitten TWICE.

Those bloodsucking bitches (FYI - those mozzies that bite you are female)....ughs. Coupled with the perspiration from lack of air-con (except 7am-1pm, which I finally slept soundly) I must be like the all-you-can-feast buffet for them.

My parents like to ask this question, "Where do these mosquitoes come from?" Um...they flew in? Duh....it has been raining for the past few days. I bet there must be tons of pools of water that allowed these irritating creatures to lay their eggs etc.

I hate mosquitoes. Are they really necessary? Why did God create them? They tend to just spread diseases and cause us to itch like mad (side info: we all itch and have bumps when mosquitoes bite us because we're all naturally allergic to the mozzie's saliva). Ah well...in the meanwhile, I shall find more ways to repel and kill those bloodsuckers. I miss the mosquito zapper that I accidentally fried 2 years ago... =P

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com