Welcome to my blog !

CNY eve

By 2/08/2005

Oooh...it's the eve of Chinese New Year! Most of my friends would be coming over on Saturday...and I'll be going visiting then too....who else wants to jump onto our "bandwagon"? Oh, I was reading the 'Forum' section in today's newspaper and it turns out that there is a little debate going on about Singaporeans' English. Well, my opinion is that Singlish is fine but Singaporeans lack the ability to switch from Singlish to standard English. Our intonations are all over the place. Like what one person wrote, we stress on the wrong syllable. English teachers in our school are guilty of this too. Haha...if we're taught to enunciate wrongly, it's no wonder why we're enunciating wrongly too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com