Welcome to my blog !

Review - Tiong Bahru Bakery

By 12/09/2012 ,

This has got to be THE most expensive bun/sandwich in Raffles City. 


I've eaten the danish from Tiong Bahru Bakery before and although I think it's good, I was wondering why people were raving about the bakery itself.  Opened by the Spa Esprit Group, this chain is proving to be like their other eateries (eg. House @ Dempsey, Skinny Pizza etc) where it's popular and the food's good.

Had to try their specialty buns and sandwiches right? The above, I present their Squid Ink Bun with smoked salmon, parma ham and rockets.  Guess the price?  A whopping $8.50! Yes...but since it was Friday, I decided to treat myself to it.

Taste wise, I cannot complain. The bun was light and fluffy without it being too airy.  The smokiness of the salmon with the parma ham was a salty heaven mixed with lovely minty rockets.  It was a good sandwich! One which I wouldn't mind eating but I mind very much paying $8.50 for.  Seriously. And it was a takeaway!! No service required, no dishes to be washed...why $8.50? Well, at least I know that smoked salmon, parma ham and rockets aren't cheap but I noticed that their Croque Monsieur was $9.50!!! Why?? (0_o)

Sorry...I don't love pastry and breads that much to shell out that kind of money on a regular basis. I know that TBB has its fans and they rave non-stop about the croissants.  Nonetheless, Delifrance is starting to look a lot more reasonably priced now...

Tiong Bahru Bakery
56 Eng Hoon St
#01-70
Singapore 160056

252 North Bridge Road
#B1-11/12 Raffles City
Singapore 179103

Website: http://www.tiongbahrubakery.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com