Welcome to my blog !

Diet for us with Endometrosis

By 12/22/2012

Weight is a very sensitive subject and for people who, like me, have endometrosis, this is even more sensitive because we may eat the correct no. of calories per day, exercise like mad and still pile on weight like nobody's business.

Don't know about you but I get really irritated when family and friends are not sympathetic and they think that all is needed is to eat less and exercise more.  All this while, they might also say hurtful things like "you're really putting on a lot of weight" or "don't wear that dress because I can see your bulges".

It has been a real struggle for me ever since I went off 'the jab' which lowers my hormone levels but I really can't afford to pay $600 each time I visit my gynae.  As such, I really am going to put this into my New Year's resolution to cut out certain foods and top up on some stuff so that I can trick my body into going back to it's normal metabolism.  I'll probably be experimenting with some recipes so that I can still enjoy the yummy food and I'll definitely be on the lookout for better eating choices when dining out.  This is especially difficult for us working women. I know.

Anyways, I'm going to start by....
Eliminating these foods:

  • soy (because of the phyto-estrogen)
  • dairy products (may contain estrogen)
  • butter & trans-fats
  • wheat & gluten (breads, pasta and cakes)
  • refined carbs (white sugar, pasta, breads)
  • red meat
  • caffeine
  • additives and preservatives
  • fried foods
  • alcohol (booo....)
Loading up on:
  • omega 3
  • primrose oil
  • fibre (not wheat...think bran, brown rice etc)
  • fruit & vegetables
  • nuts such as walnuts, flaxseed and pumpkin seeds
  • multi-vitamins
I'm glad to say that I've already started eating primrose oil and I have been loading up on the omega 3 fatty acid through salmon.  I just need to stop eating bread and pasta (which I love) but I think the most difficult one has to be fried foods.  I read somewhere that coconut oil is actually better than all the other vegetable oils.  How interesting.  Ah well...let's see how this goes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com