Welcome to my blog !

Grace's Birthday Lunch

By 8/05/2009 , , ,

Why are there sooo many Birthdays in end July and August? Hmmmm.....

Not that I'm complaining! It gives me excuses to eat good food and enjoy company! :) Anyhows, last Sun, we celebrated G's birthday at Harwood Arms. Loved the relaxed pub atmosphere of the restaurant with the earthy tones and decor. Felt like the country coming into the city.

Sh had made a tiramisu for G, which I think is so sweet of her! The tiramisu turned out really well although Sh felt that it was too sweet and that she needed to put more coffee for the sponge fingers.

Ok...on to the food review. Haha. There's a recurring theme in this blog... =P

Gor and I ordered the Roast Beef with roasted potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, Kale, cauliflower and watercress.

Look at that. Isn't it amazing? The flavour of the meat was good but it was little too sinewy and I had a real struggle with the meats despite asking for steak knives. I didn't like the potatoes as they tasted like a cross between a russet and new potatoes. That being said, this is the FIRST Yorkshire pudding that I actually like.

Aiy...why was I looking elsewhere?

SL's bream with squid and long beans.

Ph's cod with crayfish. Looks delish!

Lunch on Sun was really fun. We laughed a lot thanks to Ph's crazy statements and everyone teasing each other. I laughed so much that I could feel a lot of phelgm at the back of my throat and my sides were starting to hurt.

I think I've eaten my fill of beef for the week....definitely well loaded up on the iron...replenished any iron that I have lost over the weeks. NO more steak for me in Singapore! Until next month perhaps...hehehehe...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com