Welcome to my blog !

Walking around town and random musings...

By 7/21/2009 , , ,

As you've read in yesterday's post, bro and I went to Nobu for lunch on Saturday. After that, we went to St. Paul's again as I didn't manage to see the inside of the church the last time. Just nearby St. Paul's, we saw the old gate to the city of London...


And the London Stock Exchange...


That evening, we went to Regent's Park to watch "The Importance of being Earnest" with a few of my bro's friends.
It is an open-air theatre and this is the same theatre that I watched "Much Ado about Nothing" last month. I love this play from Oscar Wilde. It is funny, witty and sarcastic. It is strangely appealing and a bit relevant despite it being first staged in 1895!

I didn't like the use of stage for this particular production. It was distracting and doesn't gel well with their 19 century costumes. The way they changed the stage mid-way in the 2nd half was distracting too. Their backstage crew wore black...but wouldn't it make sense for them to wear white since the stage is white? What's up with the musicians who stroll in and out at weird and distracting moments?

The actor who played Earnest/Jack Worthing was obviously faking a posh accent and it started to grate on one's nerves after 5 minutes. His reaction time/expression was retarded too. Thank goodness his poor performance wasn't enough to dampen the excellent script and the performances of the other actors. All in all, I love this play!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com