Welcome to my blog !

Day out...

By 6/11/2009 , , , , ,


As I had left off in the previous post, my bro and I were at St. Paul's Cathedral. Unfortunately for us, we had arrived there after 6pm so the doors were closed and we couldn't see anything inside.

Right opposite St. Paul's, is the Millennium Bridge and the Tate Modern, which is features modern art. The Millennium Bridge was opened by Queen Elizabeth in 2000 and guess what happened when it was opened to the public? It started swaying and vibrating. Haha...talk about engineering feats. Anyway, they had to do some repairs and now, its a sturdy bridge over the Thames.


This pic was taken on the Millennium Bridge itself, with St. Paul's in the background. It was really windy, as you can see from my hair and me tucking my hands into my pockets (cold!!).


Inside Tate Modern, you'd see this large crack that has been since patched up. This was an art piece and was featured in the newspaper (before I had arrived). Funny thing is that my bro's friend was busy texting on her phone when she walked in and she sprained her ankle cos she didn't see the crack!!

Look! Interactive art!! Looks fun! Rolling around etc. Didn't bother to go down and play because I was postitively knackered by then. Past 7pm...*stomach growl* thou shalt find dinner.....

Thus, we walked along the river Thames in search of a bus that would bring us to Queensway (Gor had a craving for duck rice). While walking and searching for that illusive bus...we spotted this statue of Faraday, aptly placed outside the Society of Electrical Engineering.

Needless to say, we didn't find the bus and we were so tired that we didn't eat duck rice. We went to T.G.I.Friday's, near Covent Garden, instead. Get this...we arrived at T.G.I.Friday's at 7.45pm and we had to wait 30mins for a table. So, we were seated at about 8.20pm and by the time we were done with dinner, it was almost 10pm!! I don't think I have ever walked so much and felt so tired by 10pm. =P

We went to Hyde Park the next day (more walking), which I'll write about tomorrow! Cheers for now!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com