Welcome to my blog !

Earth Hour

By 3/18/2009

I just received this in my mailbox this morning. I'm impressed that Wisma Atria is taking part with this movement and kudos to them!! Earth Hour - 28th March. Pledge to switch off your lights from 8.30-9.30pm.

I tried to attach a hyperlink to the picture so that you can click on the pic and go to make your pledge but blogger doesn't like it. So...click here. However, as I only have the link to MY mailer, please remember to change your name in the pledge box. Don't pledge me a gazillion times. Am I gonna pledge? Well...I don't believe in making promises that I can't keep but if I'm at home, I'll defo switch off my room lights at that time. That being said, I doubt that I'll be home at that time.

That being said...I'm wondering whether Wisma's pledge to Earth Hour really helps. After all, they plan to have late night shopping till 11pm that day. Hmms.....This is really like the situation with Live Earth where the musicians flew to the concert venues in private jets and the amount of waste created during the concerts were astounding.

Cynical me? Not really. As much as I applaud all these movements, its really about the ground level. People like YOU and me to follow through. Best is if we all tried. I do use the recycling bins in my estate. If I see a recycling bin in shopping centres, I'd use those instead of the regular trash bin.

Saving the environment sounds simple but it really encompasses a lot of factors. To those who do not believe that our environment is depleting - ask this simple question: do you think we have limited or unlimited resources? Go figure.

Earth Hour doesn't really hurt anyone and we save that 1 hour of electricity!! Cheers y'all...and have fun. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com