Welcome to my blog !

Goals for 2014

By 1/01/2014

I'm not going to write New Year resolutions because we all know how that's going to end up.  However, I'm going to set goals for myself and with goals in mind, I believe that I can also set steps to achieve them.  So, here goes:

1. Lose weight
I've been weighing myself everyday, eating less carbs in the evenings and trying not to eat anything after 9pm. The hormones that I'm on plus my wonky hormones aren't helping but the good thing is that I haven't put on any more weight.  Will stick to my gym routine 3 times a week and Zumba once a week.

2. Spend Less
I have debts that I'm not proud of and I'm slowly paying them off.  After tracking my daily expenditure for half a year, I am now able to understand why I'm living pay-cheque to pay-cheque with no savings.  I've already cut back on spending and am working towards cutting back by another $500/month.  If my health improves, this should be doable as I wouldn't need to spend $200-300/month on medical bills.

3. Have a social life
Ever since I've started work, I feel like my weekends are meant for running errands and catching up on sleep.  In 2014, I hope that besides those 2, I'll be able to meet up with friends and do fun activities like prawning, cycling or visiting the S.E.A. Aquarium.  This is not about work-life balance but more about improving the quality of life.  I need to laugh more, dance more...simply enjoy life more.

4. Travel more
Budget travel that is. I don't want to incur more debt but I also want to be able to see more of the world and just relax.  I'm at the stage where my life is not my work and I have to focus on my health while trying to be happy.

5. Do what I enjoy
Yes, this is work related.  I want work to be enjoyable and although half of it is me telling myself to be positive, I also want to be in a role that allows me to be creative and have fun without all the political BS.  I don't want to be stifled nor get demoralised by those above me.  I also aim to be a better boss/manager/leader.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com