Welcome to my blog !

Parents' Anniversary @ Ku De Ta

By 9/18/2011 , , , ,

 As you can see...we went to Ku De Ta for my parents' anniversary.  I love the fact that you can make a reservation for a table via their website!  It's convenient and because I mentioned that it was my parents' anniversary, they gave my parents complimentary champagne!  Very classy.  :)
 The style of Ku De Ta's dining is best described as "Family style fine dining".  There's no pretentious hush hush eating where every dish seems like a performance.  It's really good food that's well presented and meant for sharing.  Here's what we ordered:
Beef tataki topped with shredded nori.  The dressing was simple but it made it really yummy.  Even my mum, who isn't a beef lover, complimented it.
 To the left is their signature sticky black pepper squid and it is a MUST try.  They wash their squid thoroughly before dusting it with Japanese sweet potato starch and frying it.  The dressing is made of equal parts of fish sauce and soy sauce with five spice powder.  It is then sprinkled with kaffir lime.  The result is a plate of happiness.  As I mentioned earlier.  A MUST try.  Towards the top is their smoked eggplant with salmon caviar.  It was yummy but it paled in comparison to the beef tataki and squid.
 Now...moving away from the appetizers, we have cod with red miso (top left), forty flavoured fried rice (top right), asparagus with prawn floss (bottom right) and angus beef tenderloin (bottom left).  Everything was yummy.  Enough said.  The only thing that was a bit of a turn off was the fried rice which cost $18 but reminded me of the lotus leaf rice that you can get from Crystal Jade for $10 and at twice the size.

Ah...my favourite.  Pan fried foie gras on top of rice crackers and topped with mango.  Lovely.
 Barbecued eggplant with miso.  Well...not too bad but I wouldn't miss it.
 Handmade udon in tonkotsu soup.  This was fantastic!  The udon was cooked to perfection.  In other words, its not the usual soggy noodles that you'd get elsewhere.  The broth was light but yet flavourful, although I still can't quite understand why it's called tonkotsu when it's not the white tonkotsu broth...hmm...
 For dessert, we ordered the KDT 'Bounty' cake with yuzu marshmallows (above) and I can't remember the name of the dessert below.  As the name suggests, the 'bounty' cake is much like the candy bar - chocolate with coconut.  So...that's a piece of chocolate cake with coconut foam.  I liked the marshmallows.  I can eat a whole bag of those.  Coconut foam? Nah...am sick of foamy things but I guess this cake can give Tom Aiken a run for his money.

The dessert below is peach sorbet with salted white chocolate and the bread pudding is soaked with whisky.  Now...that's what I'm talking about! Haha...just your regular alcoholic talking.  Just kidding. 
 No trip to Ku De Ta is finished without taking in the sight from the terrace...



 See the pool?  That's the famous infinity pool and the Sky Deck which we didn't have access to.
 All you LV fans...that's the largest LV standalone store in Singapore for ya...
Will I go back to Ku De Ta again?  Of course!  In fact, I plan to go there for lunch on my birthday! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com