Welcome to my blog !

A Woman's Never Ending Search For Even Skin Tone (Part 1)

By 7/06/2015 , , , , , ,


If you've seen this ad on YouTube, especially if you're Singaporean, you might immediately be interested in this product as we get a lot of sun (ie. super prone to dark spots) and we don't really like patches on our skin. My mum definitely falls into that category! She's been complaining about brown spots the older she gets and these spots are also often called 'age spots' as they only show up years after the UV has done it's job on your skin.


Here comes 2 of Palmer's latest products from their White & Even series. The one on the left is a CBB cream, meaning that it is a combination of a CC and a BB cream. I like that it has SPF15 so when I wear it, I can skip my usual sunblock after putting on my moisturiser.

Let's review the Dark Spot Corrector first and I'll review the CBB cream in a separate post. The formula is supposed to contain concentrated amounts of advanced pigment-perfecting ingredients, with the key ingredient being Japanese Songyi Mushroom Extract. Great thing about this is that it's meant for all skin types and doesn't contain any parabens or sulphates so if you have sensitive skin like me, you can use this without woes.

The formula comes out like a gel-serum like texture that is light and doesn't smell like either it's signature cocoa nor like mushroom, although it still contains cocoa butter. It's surprisingly fruity...to a certain extent. I passed this to my mum to try as her age spots are a lot more obvious than mine.

Before Palmer's Dark Spot Corrector
As you can see, my mum has quite a lot of freckles and age spots on her cheek. These are not moles ok...they're spots caused by UV after sun exposure over the years. Nonetheless, there are people who also get such spots due to change in hormones or acne scarring.
1 week after using Palmer's Dark Spot Corrector
After using it everyday for 1 week, the above is my mum's cheek. The age spots are still rather visible but I reckon that 1 week is really too early to tell. However, I do notice that her skin looks a bit more moisturised and her crow's feet are a little less visible. Thus, the short term benefit is that it does help fight signs of aging pretty fast but you'll probably need to use it a little more regularly before you can see the full effects.

Well, it's so typical of everything when it comes to our bodies. Quick to be damaged but a long time to be repaired. At least there's a solution! I'm using it too...as I've seen through ClearSK's scan that a few years down the road, I will see them age spots popping up...so if I want to lighten them, I must start now!

The Palmer's Dark Spot Corrector is really affordable at S$29.90 for a 30ml bottle and you can find it at your nearest Watsons, Guardian, BHG, Robinsons, John Little, Essentials Pharmacy, Nishino Pharmacy, all leading pharmacies, departmental and cosmetics stores.


However, when I posted this on my Instagram 2 weeks ago, 1 of my followers was unable to find it at her nearest Guardian. Hopefully it's all stocked up now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com