Welcome to my blog !

Lunch at OChre - a pseudo Italian affair

By 5/13/2013 , , , , , , , , ,

Met up with my caterer, Kitchen Language, at one of their restaurants for lunch last Thu as we needed to finalise some logistical matters for my Ladies Workshop that was held last Sat.  It was my first time eating at OChre, although I knew that it was an Italian restaurant and it is priced to be slightly more premium.

I wanted to order their set lunch but the mains from the ala carte menu looked more interesting so I did a mains and dessert swap with my friend and catering manager.

For starters, I chose the scallops...


From left to right: scallop with caviar and a swipe of uni sauce, scallop with pan fried foie gras with a swipe of truffled mushroom sauce and last is just scallop with truffle oil.  Soooo good....


After that starter, I was looking forward to my main of cod fish.  As appetizing as the photo above appears, I must say that I was rather disappointed with this dish.  The fish was cooked perfectly and you can't go really wrong with cod and soy but the vegetables were the main let-down.  The radish and brocolini were tasteless.  I forced myself to eat them so that I get some fibre.  The soy was also a bit weird considering that OChre is supposed to be an Italian restaurant.


My dessert was HEAVENLY.  I ordered the "Sweet & Salty" dessert (S$18+) which consists of a square of warm walnut cake served with ice cream and a smearing of salted caramel.  It is adorned with hazelnuts and almonds as well as a few berries.  Really very yummy and will immediately remind you of a sticky date pudding but less cloying and sweet.  Thank god for this dessert, otherwise my meal would've been spoilt by the lack lustre main.

That said, the food served during my workshop was gorgeous.  The truffle mushroom soup was THICK and the smell of truffle oil permeated the air.  The pizza served was nice and flat while juicy because of the fresh tomatoes used.  Delish!

My friend told me that on Sundays, OChre has a buffet brunch where you will get a full-sized main in addition to whatever is being served at the buffet line. Be sure to go there with an empty stomach!  If you're not going to eat, OChre also has a bar/lounge area that boasts a wine cellar filled with bottles of Italian wines.  Overlooking Orchard, the roof bar is quite a nice chillax area and I would do that one day, when I do have the chance to just kick back and relax.

Great thing is that they don't charge 10% Service Charge but they do have a dress code of 'Smart Casual'.

OChre
181 Orchard Road
#11-03/04 Orchard Central
http://www.ochreitalian.com.sg/

Update: OChre is no longer around as of November 2013.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com