Welcome to my blog !

Reclaiming My Life

By 7/21/2014 ,

It's official. I'll be on a sabbatical (no pay leave *sad face*) from work from 18 Aug to 26 Sep*. I decided to do it for several reasons but mainly because over the past 6 months, I feel like I've lost myself - my health, my sense of purpose and motivation in life.

So, here's my plan for the month that I'll be on leave:

  • exercise every morning
  • walk my dog everyday
  • get back to my low/no gluten diet
  • eat more fresh foods and cut out as much processed stuff as possible
  • sleep more and improve my quality of sleep
I'm also planning to take up my fave pilates and I realised that a new gym opened near my home! They've got tons of pilates classes and they've got a monthly pass which seems quite reasonable. Also, I've already signed up for a yoga retreat in Krabi come end Aug with a friend. We're also going to extend our stay there so it's going to be a real holiday for me. :)

Finally, I can get a good rest and try not to think of the shit at work. Some people ask me whether I'm worried that my company will think me as dispensable and replaceable since I'm taking long leave. My answer to that is simple: if they really did think so, then they really do not value me as a staff. Nonetheless, I need to do this for myself and I don't care what the company thinks because I need to put myself first before I can give/produce/do good for others.

It has been barely 7 months since my surgery and I don't think I've rested very well. My feet ache all the time, my shoulders are always stiff and I've had insomnia for the past 2 months. I dread going to work every single day and my eyes are always tired. This is the disease of modern life and I need to get away from it all. I need to lose all the weight that piled on because of my endometriosis as well as my sedentary lifestyle. I need to stop getting sick every single month. I need to heal myself both physically and mentally.

So...although I will miss the income, I am very excited and looking forward to the month of rest as well as learning what motivates me. I've got a schedule in mind already and I can't wait to be able to share with everyone as the days go by!

*Updated as of 28 July. Had to push it back by a week as a colleague will be on leave from 11-15 Aug and there needs to be 1 of us in the office.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com