Welcome to my blog !

Restaurant Review - Dinner at Extra Virgin Pizza

By 2/28/2013 , , ,

I've read so many good reviews about Extra Virgin Pizza that I just HAD to try it when I met my bro for dinner one evening.  They didn't have any seats inside so we had to sit outside on the uncomfy bar chairs which were easy to get up but less easy to get down.  Ladies - opt for the seats inside if you're wearing a skirt/ dress. 

For starters, we had Prosciutto ham & Melon ($14++).  This is a simple but fave dish of mine and it's not easy to screw it up.  They were very generous with the prosciutto, which was flavourful and wasn't too salty.  Wish they gave more melon though. 


Now...the pizza!  I ordered the Spotted Pig pizza ($26++) which had tomatoes, mozzarella, spicy pepperoni, pork sausage, applewood smoked bacon and pecorino.  Last time I had pecorino was in Tuscany, Italy and I must say that it's nice to have a taste of real Italy in a slice of pizza.


The flour is imported and the pizzas are meant to be artisanal.  For that price tag, it really does seem artisanal.  Their pizzas are small and meant to be eaten by 1.  I must say that the pizzas are good but for similar prices, I'd rather eat Spizza's pizzas, which are topped with fresh salad.

The vibe of Extra Virgin at Asia Square is very much like the other Lo & Behold Group's restaurants (Overseasy and The White Rabbit) so it's a bit of a cafe meets gourmet experience.  The view of the Marina Bay Financial Centre and Marina Bay Sands to the corner does add in the yuppie chillax feel too.  Would I eat at Extra Virgin again?  Maybe...if I'm not paying.

Extra Virgin
8 Marina View #01-04
Asia Square, Tower 1
Singapore 018960

101 Thomson Road #01-14
United Square Shopping Mall
Singapore 307591

Website:  http://www.extravirginpizza.com/

P.S. They do not take reservations.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Disclaimer

All views presented on this blog are based on personal opinions and experiences with no monetary compensation was received unless otherwise stated.

My Polyvore Sets


http://emailcashpro.com